Sunday, October 14, 2007

Pedicure Party


Friday night I hosted a Pedicure Party at Tootsies shoe store in Rockridge. It was a hit! Nine girls were able to get pedicures. And my friend Ronda gave chair massages.
Most people arrived between 6:30 and 7 p.m. We got our potluck table together. Man, there was a ton of food. We had water and wine to drink--perfect for a party for someone who just turned the age of Christ, eh?
There were pedicures, chair massages, talking, gossiping, laughing, eating, drinking and best of all: shoe shopping. We had the store to ourselves from 7-10 p.m. We had a party hostess. I was so glad to see everyone hanging out and enjoying each other--esp. for the ones who had just met each other that night.
At my count at least 9 pairs of shoes and 1 pair of sunglasses were purchased that night.
I had some help toting some stuff home. Thanks to my friends who helped me get stuff home and to Alex and Lisa for helping me get stuff to the store.
Afterward some of us headed to George and Walt's for drinks. I can't believe I stayed out as late as I did. At 1 a.m. Alicia, Bridgette and I were walking back to my place when we saw this car driving really close to some parked cars. The car didn't have its lights on. And then it hit at least one parked car. The car turned down a street and we heard a crash and an alarm go off. Soon after that the car came back down college driving on its rims. So we called the police to report it. And we headed back to my place. I ended up not going to be until some time after 2 and I was awake around 7:30. All day Saturday I was exhausted. I took many naps. Thank goodness I didn't have anything planned. Well, I was planning to go to the gym--nixed that idea. Curt asked me if I would shuttle him and Cyrus to and from the Cal football game Saturday. Sure thing. The three of us get in the car and it won't start! Luckily there were buses going right to the game. So the guys just took the bus.
Curt called the 24-hour Volvo service today and they are coming to get the car today and will deliver it to the service/dealership when it opens tomorrow morning. Now that is service. Good thing most of my errands were nearby today--so I just walked. The only errand I couldn't run was Michaels--a little too far for me to walk. I will just stop there sometime after work this week.
And hopefully I won't be without a car too long. If it is gonna be more than a day or two I will likely get a rental. Luckily work is close so I can BART it or cab it.
Oh, the tow truck is here!

Click here for Pedi Party pics.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home