Monday, October 15, 2007

The car saga continues

Volvo finally called me back today. About 11 a.m. I was giving them until noon. Then no more Ms. Nice Ann. They recommended a tow place. I called and the woman said they could send someone out right away.
My friend and co-worker Alonzo drove me home to meet the guy. Thanks Alonzo!
Gale, tow guy, was there within 10-15 mins. To get to our car it is a pretty tight squeeze. He somehow got his truck back there and the car on the tow. But he had to wait for a second guy to bring a jack to steer the front tires. And Gale got the car into neutral--which we couldn't do or the other tow guy. The car was scraped a little--but Hustead's will have that fixed. That was the least of my worries. I was just happy to get the car out of there.
So Gale and I head to the Volvo dealership. Once the car is there the Volvo guys can start it. WTH!!??!! Even Gale was surprised by the fact that it started. Because he tried all sorts of things to get the car going. He thought maybe something was loose and all the movement did something to the car. Regardless they are checking it out. And I was going to take the car in tomorrow for an oil change. So I just asked them to do it today.
When I was waiting for the shuttle service a woman was picking up her car. She asked me if I was going to BART. I said, no Emeryville. She offered me a ride. She seemed nice enough. So I went with my gut instinct. She was really nice and we chatted. Thanks to the lady who was nice enough to offer me a ride back to work!
Now I wait to hear from them. Man, I am exhausted. Thank goodness Mia gave me a Go Girl the other day. It is chilling in the fridge right now.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Huh.

That reminds me of the time I borrowed my mom's van and drove it to California. On the way back, everything just ... shut down. And I couldn't get it started. I waited and then it would start but then shut down. We gave up and ended up staying the night in the middle of nowhere. The next morning, we took it to a mechanic and didn't notice anything, so we drove it off. Yeah! We drove it all the way back. We kept the AC off (miserable), but it made it back. Jeez!

Friday, October 19, 2007 12:02:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home