Monday, July 23, 2007

Pursuit of Excellence

Saturday Curt and I were hanging out watching TV. We were checking out what was on on the guide. The second half of something called "Ferrets: Pursuit of Excellence." We were intrigued. It was about people who breed and show ferrets on PBS. It was rather entertaining and I thought the people were kinda nutty. Curt checked to see when it was showing again and recorded the Sunday showing. We watched the first half yesterday. OH MY GAWD! When we first watched it we missed the really hilarious stuff. I was laughing so much and so hard that I was crying. I mean I had to get a tissue. (As I was looking this up to find a link I found that the filmmaker did multiple Pursuit of Excellence documentaries.) Anyway, I did find a link that talks more in depth about this show. But just reading about it does no justice. You must watch this!!!! These people live for their ferrets. And no, it is not the way you think you live for your pets. It is so much different.

Yet another Secret Pal entry


I come in to work this morning to find a beautiful cobalt blue vase on my desk filled with flowers. I love cobalt blue. My Secret Pal really does rock and is making the rest of us look bad.

3 Comments:

Blogger little ginger said...

Recently my friend and I went to one of our body-product-making classes, and there was a woman with a critter in a basket on her lap. Turns out it was a hedgehog, and she said she was trying to get it used to people so it could be in the hedgehog olympics or something. I kid you not. I said, "Do they run obstacle courses?" She was a little crazy, so I didn't really get a straight answer, but I got the gist it was more of a behavior type thing. Crazy!

Monday, July 23, 2007 11:12:00 AM  
Blogger Jodie said...

My boyfriend had a ferret and loved him, but I don't think any kind of extent you're talking about.

Tuesday, July 24, 2007 1:08:00 AM  
Blogger Ed said...

Marilyn and I happened to see that show also. I was especially taken by the gal who had written, and was singing, a song about her ferrets. That lady needs to get a life. At one point I inquired of Marilyn, "do you think it is a prerequisite of being a ferret owner that you must have large thighs?" I agree with you, it was a little over the top.

Tuesday, July 24, 2007 8:58:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home