Thursday, May 10, 2007

A mish mash

Movie Reviews

OK, I have picked some real doozies lately.
Last week I watched A Good Woman. It was so slow. It wasn't a bad movie. Just reeeeeallllly slow.
Over the weekend I watched Derailed and Children of Men (watched this one with Curt). I had heard that Derailed wasn't good. But I still wanted to give it a try. I usually don't care what reviews say, I watch what I want to. It was so bad. On Netflix you can rate movies--but you can't rate 0 stars, so I had to give it 1 star. But trust me on this one, it is a waste of your time. Children of Men--the concept was a great idea. But it just wasn't a great movie. It was too weird. And I kinda got bored.
Last night I watched Grizzly Man. Some friends said it was good. Uh, no. This guy was a nut job. He would live with the grizzlies for months at a time for something like 11 years. And it wasn't like he was just taping the grizzlies. He was interfering with their natural life. His life ended when he and his girlfriend were mauled by a grizzly. And eventually he was going nuts. You could just tell something wasn't right. But a lot of people in this documentary were really weird: the coroner creeped me out, the ex-girlfriend was quite odd and Timmy the guy who was "protecting" the grizzlies was out of his mind. There was some amazing footage that Timmy got--when he wasn't interfering in their lives. But the documentary was kinda boring. Oh, and him getting mauled was only on audio and we didn't get to hear it, which was fine with me.

Comcast

So our digital cable is out. Every channel says channel will be available shortly. So no HBO, HD, etc. Curt called Comcast and they are coming out Saturday to look at it. We can still get regular cable. So I am wondering if it is the box. And remember all the crap we went through just to get the first cable box. Curt was checking out other deals with other providers. Thank goodness we have other options should we decide to go with another company. You better shape up Comcast!

Send Paris to jail

So there is a petition to keep Paris out of jail. But there is also a petition to send Paris to jail. And apparently that one has double the signatures as the one to keep her out. Can you believe she had to nerve to ask the Governator to pardon her??!!??
There is a story from the Daily Dish yesterday about all of this. If you have time, read the comments. They are hilarious!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't think I've heard any of those movies, except Children of Men.

The last movie I saw that I really liked was The Island.

Have you seen the new Spider-Man? That was OK.

Friday, May 11, 2007 2:56:00 AM  
Blogger Ann said...

Haven't seen Spidey 3 yet. (We don't go to the actual movies too much.)
I still have to see the second one. It is in my Netflix queue.
But I have heard that the third one was disappointing.
I watched a really good one recently with Ryan Gosling. Half Nelson. He did an amazing job in that movie.
Haven't seen The Island. Not sure about that one yet.

Friday, May 11, 2007 2:39:00 PM  
Blogger Jodie said...

Jean Clare loves Half Nelson. Is that the one about the druggie teacher?

Tuesday, May 15, 2007 1:49:00 AM  
Blogger Ann said...

Yup, that is it!

Tuesday, May 15, 2007 9:32:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home