Monday, May 07, 2007

Fun and warm weekend

I have to say this was a really great weekend. The whole weekend the weather was absolutely gorgeous. Sunny and warm and nice!
Saturday I ran some errands in the morning. Then in the afternoon Curt and I headed to Home Depot to get stuff for our garden. We have a garden plot behind our place--we don't really have a back yard. We just call it out parking slab, which is what it is. Curt did the hard work--broke up the dirt and tilled and added Miracle Gro soil. Then I planted the tomato plants. He came back out and planted seeds: peas, red bell peppers, onions, carrots and radishes. I planted the herbs: basil, oregano, chives and parsley. (I took pics--but haven't uploaded them yet. Will do soon.) So hopefully my black thumb won't curse our garden. Curt's mom is a master gardener--so I think we have some good vibes coming our way. Marilyn's garden is always amazing!
Saturday night I made lamb kebabs for dinner. They were so good. A WW recipe. I had never cooked lamb before and it came out really well. I marinated it and then kebabed it with red bell peppers and red onion. (I took a pic of my beautiful kebabs, which will be coming soon.)
Sunday I attended my little friend Lexie's birthday party. I got there early to help set up. There ended up being about 12 girls and Cooper (Lexie's 4-year-old brother). Man, that party was wild--and it actually was pretty tame. At one point I opted to stay and help clean rather than go down to the playground with the kids. It was a lot of fun. Those kids have a ton of energy. It was a fun time. Lexie really liked the scoa (part scarf, part boa) I made her in her favorite color of turquoise. I was the unofficial official photog pf the party.
I was gonna upload all the pics from the weekend, including the party. But when I got home I was exhausted. Helping run a 9-year-old's party is quite tiring.
So I will post pics soon. I know Lexie's mom, Mia, would like to see pics from the party.
Oh, and when I was leaving the party Cooper asked me if I wanted a big hug and kiss from him. He almost knocked me over with his powerful affection. It was very sweet.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice. Sounds like a great weekend. Good luck with your garden. Lots of cool things there. I've never done herbs. Looking forward to the pics.

Wednesday, May 09, 2007 2:32:00 AM  
Blogger hollibobolli said...

Parties with children are exhausting.. but well worth it. I wish we could have been there.

Lamb? I've never gotten over grossing out over just plain lamb with mint jelly as forced by my grandmother. So I'm just not sure.

parking slab. PFTZ!

Wednesday, May 09, 2007 10:28:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home