Monday, April 30, 2007

Gorgeous weekend

The weather over the weekend was so nice! We had our front door opened all day Saturday.
Saturday was the day to get our HD box and DVR from Comcast. Our appt. was between 9-11 a.m. The guy showed up about 10. He hooked up the box. But we could only hear the HD channels and not see them. Curt told the guy that it seemed we had the wrong box--we only had the DVR/cable box and we needed the DVR/cable box/HD thingie. Nope, the guy said we had the right box, just that something was wrong with it. He told us his supervisor had to bring him a new box (one that worked) and he would be back in about an hour. At 2 p.m. Curt called Comcast to see what was up. They told him the supervisor would be at our house before 3:30. At 4:20 Curt called AGAIN. They told him the supervisor would be at our house in 20 minutes. The supervisor actually showed up about 5 p.m. At least he brought the correct box, hooked it up and all was good. (I watched Desperate Housewives in HD last night.) So we didn't do much Saturday. (I ran a few errands. Went to Hallmark to buy cards and it was no longer there. Great!)
Sunday I had lunch with my friend Mia and her daughter Alexis. After lunch us girls went to Michaels to look for crafts to do for Lexie's birthday party, which is next weekend. We got flip-flops and all kinds of stuff to decorate them. It should be fun!
So it was a pretty mellow and relaxing weekend.

Oh, you have probably heard about the explosion near the Bay Bridge. It wasn't actually on the bridge. The McArthur Maze was blown up by a tanker truck that overturned and exploded. And part of the ramp of the freeway collapsed. It is a big issue for commuters as it is a connecter from one freeway to another. So public transportation is free today. Curt said BART wasn't any busier than normal. I take surface streets to work--so I lucked out in not having to deal with the mess.
Happy Monday!

Oh, and knee update. (Erica asked about it in a comment down a little ways--and I have been meaning to update you all on it.) It seems to be back to normal. The first week working out after I hurt it I just did toning and the stationary bike with brace. Last week I did elliptical--which is likely what I will do this week. If I work out today--which I very much will!!!!!--I will clock 17 times I worked out this month. Woo-hoo! One week I worked out 6 times! I am gonna keep the brace on for a while to make sure all is stable. Not sure when I will start running again. Maybe next week. But of course if my knee says ouch I will listen this time.

2 Comments:

Blogger Jodie said...

You gotta take care of yourself! (the knee thing) I'm glad that to hear it's doing better. And good for you, all that working out. My goal is start going once a week. That's one more than I've done in forever.

And the thing with Comcast. How annoying! I hate cable and telephone companies.

Wednesday, May 02, 2007 1:54:00 AM  
Blogger Ollie's Mum said...

ann, leah here. im sorry to hear about your knee! am only glancing at your blog right now, will read thoroughly later and find out what happened to you. although i did note that you are running! good for you! i've just started back at the gym (last night) and im going to use you as my workout inspiration! woo hoo!

Wednesday, May 02, 2007 11:17:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home