Friday, May 04, 2007

Brrrrrrrrr

At least Curt's beer never got warm.



Last night I was wearing a fleece top, wool coat, scarf, gloves, had a blanket over my lap and was sipping coffee to keep warm--but was still cold. Where was I? No, not in Russia during a snowstorm. I was at the Giants game with Curt and our friends Jim and Jennifer. So let's put this into perspective. I was freezing my you know what last night, and didn't it just hit 100 in Phoenix? In April? Usually 100 is about mid-May or so. A little early this year. Global warming anyone?
We got tickets from Curt's work for Club Level--which are pretty nice. It started raining and we were sitting out in it. We eventually moved up to be under cover in some empty seats.
The Giants lost 9-7. For a while the score was 9-2. It was a long game. But we still had fun.

WE BELIEVE

I am really not an NBA fan. When I was in Phx. I paid attention if the Suns were in the playoffs--but that was about it. But the Warriors beating Dallas last night was pretty sweet. I do enjoy rooting for the underdog. On our BART ride home from the baseball game we saw lots of Warriors fans with their free yellow T-shirts from the game.

AND ONE OTHER THING

Joey weighs 16 pounds. In my weight loss I have lost 1 1/2 Joeys. Nuts, huh?

3 Comments:

Blogger Ryan and Emma said...

A ballgame sounds like fun....at least you have the option...:(

Friday, May 04, 2007 1:05:00 PM  
Blogger Erica Kern O'Neill said...

It better get warmer before we come to town! He He. I'm such a zonie that anything below 70 feels cold to me. You'd never think I grew up in upstate NY!

I can't wait to come and see you guys! We just found out yesterday that Erin, Casey's niece, was unanimously selected to be her
departmental valedictorian (art history) at UC Berkeley. That is quite an accomplishment; we're so happy for her!

See you in about 2 weeks!

Saturday, May 05, 2007 9:13:00 AM  
Blogger Ann said...

Erica,

I completely feel the same way. That is what I tell people, anything below 70 and I am cold. Right now the weather is super gorgeous. This morning the temp in our house said 75. Can't wait to see you guys, too. And that is so cool about Erin.

Ryan,

Yes, Portland does lack in the sporting events. But you do have minor league baseball--not quite the same.

Monday, May 07, 2007 9:25:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home