Monday, May 21, 2007

Erica and Casey in town & tea time

Erica and Casey arrived Friday night. We picked them up at the Rockridge BART station. We headed to dinner afterward at Trattoria la Siciliana. We had a reservation for 7:30. We arrived and they didn't seem to have our reservation, but put us down for 4 for 7:30. We got in about 7:40. (The place is pretty small--so getting a table on a Friday night is tough.) We had this amazing crab for appetizer (which we always get). We all had really yummy pastas. Erica and Casey really liked the place.
Saturday Erica, Casey and Curt headed into the city. I went a little later. I had a tea party to attend from 1-3 for my friend Mia's birthday. I met up with them afterward. There were 9 of us total at Lovejoy's Tea Room. It was a lot of fun. Lots of girl talking, yummy teas, great finger sandwiches, fruit and sweets. (I steered clear of the sweets.) We did get to choose a Petit Four. My little mocha cake was yummy. (I did take some pics--will post those soon.) There was also a Tarot card reader. I decided not to do it. Most people came back to the table a little freaked out. There were things I just didn't need to know.
Afterward I met up with Erica, Casey and Curt and we headed to Haight Ashbury area. Hung out at Golden Gate Park. If you want to see diversity go there. We watched cute little girls in light pink and hot pink soccer uniforms playing. That was a riot. We watched hippies play music and dance. We just enjoyed being outside. Then we headed to Kezar for dinner. (When we got home we had a message from Siciliana confirming our reservation for THAT night at 7:30. Ding-dongs!)
Saturday night Curt and Casey went to the Oaks Card Club to play poker (Casey) and drink beer (Curt). Erica and I opted to stay home and knit and watch Grey's and ER. I had already watched Grey's--but I was willing to watch it again. And ER had some shockers.
Sunday Erica, Casey and I met Katie, Mary Flo and their 2 young'uns for brunch at Crepevine. We did a little walking around our neighborhood and found a yard sale with some great finds! (I didn't buy anything.)
Then the 3 of us went back to our place and we got Curt and we headed to Bay Street. Erica and I went to H&M and the guys sat outside and drank coffee. I bought more stuff at H&M. I need to slow down the shopping for a little bit. I do still need a few pairs of new jeans and a jean skirt. But I have gotten a good amount of pants to replenish my "old" and "big" clothes.
Casey and Erica headed to a family dinner. They are here for Casey's niece's UC Berkeley graduation. Curt and I did laundry, had dinner, hung out.
They are definately saving the best for last on Sopranos. Another excellent and emotional episode. I won't give anything away.
So today I noticed that Blogger now has an autosave--that is so great!
Pics of the weekend coming soon ...............

2 Comments:

Blogger Erica Kern O'Neill said...

We had a great weekend! Thank you soooo much for hosting us. We got home safely and I'm about to hit the hay. I think I'll get up early and shower and make my lunch instead of doing it tonight. My bed is calling to me. As I write this Casey is watching The Sopranos and in 7th heaven!

Tuesday, May 22, 2007 9:12:00 PM  
Blogger Ann said...

We had a great time with you guys, too! You are welcome anytime. Thank you so much for the gorgeous tulips. I was totally surprised.
I bet Casey loved the episode. It was rather emotional and gripping.

Wednesday, May 23, 2007 8:55:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home