Monday, May 14, 2007

Weekend Update

Postage

First thing, a reminder that postage went up today to 41 cents. Didn't it just go up??? Anyway, you can now buy forever stamps. This means you pay 41 cents--but when the postage goes up you can still use them. Forever stamps will cost whatever the going rate is at the time. So, stock up on forever stamps now!

Sopranos

OK, remember how I said before that this second half of the season of Sopranos had just been OK? Well, they were saving the good stuff for near the end. There are only 3 epsiodes left until the end of the series. The beginning of last's night episode was so wow! I was sitting on the edge of the couch just watching--wide-eyed. I won't give anything away. But man, wow!

New clothes

I went shopping for some new clothes yesterday. Normally I don't really like shopping for clothes because it is hard to find things that fit right and it just gets frustrating. But yesterday I discovered that I now wear sizes 6-8. Before I was a 10-14. Most of my "old" pants are practically falling off me. I shopped at Old Navy (and used my gift card Curt got me for Christmas) and this place called Insider's Outlet. Brand-name clothes at discount prices. They did have a lot of nice stuff. I will likely hit that place about once a month. Supposedly they get new stuff in all the time. There will be more shopping in the near future. An H&M just opened in Bay Street (which is a shopping center near work and not far from home).

Night Knitting Club

I had 2 friends, who are also co-workers, over for dinner, gabbing and knitting Friday night. I made my famous red pepper sauce (and there should be leftovers for our visitors coming this weekend!) and pesto. We ate, gabbed, had some wine, smores, knitted a little, gabbed some more and watched Sweet Home Alabama. We had a lot of fun. Alicia recently got a new job and will be leaving Onyx next week. Sue and I are sad because Alicia is great to work with and a friend. But this is a good move for her.

Snagglepuss

Terri, my Legal dept. co-worker, went out of town this weekend. Her cat, who I refer to as Snags, has been under weather and she was afraid to leave him alone the whole time. So I checked in on him twice a day. I also checked on him this morning. He did well the whole weekend, was eating and quite cuddly. He would crawl up on me and rest his head on my shoulder like a baby. He is a sweetheart. We just sat on the couch and watched Lifetime or the Lifetime Movie Network.

2 Comments:

Blogger Jodie said...

I LOVE H&M!

Hey, I'm planning on a trip to your neck of the woods at the end of May. My best friend lives in Fremont.

Do you want to meet up?

Tuesday, May 15, 2007 1:51:00 AM  
Blogger Ann said...

What are the dates you are gonna be here?
I am hoping it isn't while we are out of town.
But if we are around, YES we want to meet up!

Tuesday, May 15, 2007 9:25:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home