Thursday, May 17, 2007

Disappointment

So after "gaining" 2 bogus pounds ...
Curt and I went to an A's/Royals game last night with some friends. I had saved up enough points for a cheeseburger and I was really looking forward to it. I couldn't find a concession stand selling one! I walked all over the place and no luck. (And I have had a burger there before.) I didn't want a hot dog or nachos or a pulled pork sandwich. I wanted a burger! So I settled for a hot pastrami sandwich. It was good--but I was still bummed. Plus the sandwich wasn't something I had planned for. But I was fine--I was still within my points.
But I still had fun. We went with some old and new friends. The Royals won. It was chilly. I have started bringing blankets to the ballgames. To me baseball and blankets just don't mix. I am thinking about investing in an A's blanket.
Our friend Monica was eating a Twizzler at one point. The little girl--who was probably 3-- in front of us just stared at Monica's Twizzler. It was hilarious. So Monica asked, Would you like a Twizzler? In a trance the little girl (whose name was Zelinda) said yes. The dad said it was fine and Zelinda got her Twizzler.

Gilmore Girls

I forgot to mention in yesterday's post about the series finale of Gilmore Girls. I was sad the show came to an end. But I thought they did a great job. Everything was resolved without being over the top. It was a tearjerker. But a good ending.
I loved the relationship between the mom and daughter. Here's to Lorelai and Rory!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Ann! I've been reading your blog pretty much since you moved from Phx, but I think this is the first time I've commented.

I just read on an earlier post how many dress sizes you've dropped -- that is AWESOME. Seriously. I am so impressed. Having pants be loose that just a few months ago were embarrassingly tight is a great feeling.

Keep up the good fight, and tell Curt hi for me.

Thursday, May 17, 2007 8:12:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't believe you couldn't find a cheeseburger. How weird!

Saturday, May 19, 2007 3:00:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home