Monday, April 02, 2007

Promotion

These are the beautiful lillies Curt sent me to congratulate me on my promotion at work. When I got them Thursday they were all closed up. I came in to work this morning and this is what greeted me! Nice greeting, esp. for a Monday. Curt is so sweet to send these!
Anyway, so I got a promotion at work. My title is now Senior Administrative Assistant, Legal & Compliance. Talk about a long title, eh? Anyway, my boss told me that I am thoughtful and smart and a hardworker. He wants me to get even more involved with contracts that come our way. The simple stuff I can do. And he kinda wants me to take that over so our paralegal can work on the bigger, more complicated agreements. This is great for me to learn more things (I have learned so much already). The bad is that I still have to do my other work. So I need to get better with time management and prioritizing things.

We had a good weekend. Saturday we drove to Livermore to attend the Nationwide Tour (golf tournament) at Wente Vineyards. Curt's godmother's stepson is a professional golfer. We watched Tag Ridings from Holes 4-9. Then we took a break and had some lunch. Plus there was no way I was going to climb this gigantic steep hill to get to Hole 10, rightly named Lombard Street. We crossed over at one point and met him back at Hole 15. After he was all done we met up with him and had lunch. I had never met Tag before but had heard a lot about him. We went to downtown Livermore and had Italian outside. It was a beautiful day. And it was nice to sit and chat with Tag. Tag ended up tying for 26 overall in the tournament. Not too shabby. I have to say golf is much more exciting in person than on TV. And it made it more interesting to be rooting for someone I "knew."
Sunday was a lazy day. Curt went riding (on his new bike) with our friend Cyrus. I was supposed to take Joey to get his nails trimmed at Petsmart. When I was getting dressed he knew something was up and hid. Little jerk! He hates having his feet touched--so we can't trim his nails at home. But he also hates getting in his carrier. So we have to trick him to get him in there. We will try again next weekend. So I did laundry, cleaned a little--did dishes, vacuumed and straightened up. Our house was a pig sty.
I also did some knitting. I am working on a baby blanket for a co-worker. We were gonna have her work shower Thursday, but she has to go to the doctor. So now it is Wednesday. So Ihave one less night to work on it. Gotta get crackin' tonight.
And now back to another workweek!

2 Comments:

Blogger Erica Kern O'Neill said...

Congratulations! That is wonderful news. I'm so happy for you. I imagine you are a wonderful employee- a hard worker, loyal and kind. Ones like you are hard to find. Trust me...I'm seeing that in my new job.

Enjoy your lovely flowers.

P.S. We are planning to come to CA the weekend I emailed about but we haven't booked our tickets yet. Maybe tonight. I'll keep you posted.

Tuesday, April 03, 2007 7:26:00 AM  
Blogger Jodie said...

Congrats! That's awesome.

And very sweet of Curt to send you flowers. (:

Friday, April 06, 2007 3:05:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home