Thursday, March 29, 2007

The Pursuit of Happyness

OK, there is really nothing happy about this movie.
My dad told me it was NOT a pick-me up kinda movie. I only half believed him. Well, he was right.
There were amazing views of San Francisco. Will Smith was truly wonderful in this role, as was his son played by his son. But the guy, Chris Gardner, just could not catch a break. Of course we all know what happens in the end. But man, it was a rough, rough trip for him and his son to get there.
I was knitting while watching the movie. Eventually I put the knitting down and just watched, almost in a trance.
The movie made me feel a little guilty about spending my bonus on a new honkin' TV. (Of course, not THAT guilty, cuz we are still gonna get a new TV.) But if you feel like your life sucks watch that movie. Cuz your life ain't that bad.
There is a line in the movie from the little boy to his dad, "You're a good papa." Talk about tear jerker and heartbreaker. Through all the crap they went through this little guy knew that he had a good dad. That his dad would do anything for him.
Even though it isn't a fun pick-me up kind of movie it is an excellent movie. I highly recommend it.

2 Comments:

Blogger JenC said...

i could not stop crying when we saw that movie. i wish we'd watched it at home, because it was a little embarrassing.

will smith was really good in that role, though. i wish he'd won an award for that. he really is an underappreciated actor.

Thursday, March 29, 2007 3:05:00 PM  
Blogger Jodie said...

i love will smith! i really liked how when he was singing he refused to use any cuss words.

i haven't seen that movie yet. it'll probably be one that i see by myself.

Friday, March 30, 2007 2:01:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home