Monday, November 06, 2006

Now we just have to unpack

We are in our new place. The move went super smooth. The movers we hired were awesome. If you live in the Bay Area I recommend Five Star Movers. The guys emptied out our house, loaded the truck and unloaded it in three hours. If we ever move again we will definitely use their services.
So the unpacking is coming along slowly. I am so sick of looking at boxes that I am trying to ignore them.
This morning the cable/phone/Internet guy hooked us up. We also got digital cable and the box is having issues. Peter, the Comcast guy, tried 2 different boxes. He thought the second one was OK. But when I came back from my errands (Target, Petsmart, Home Depot and grocery store) it wasn't working. So I called him. He is gonna try to come back this afternoon. If not, first thing tomorrow morning. (Apparently all the other digital cable boxes he tried to hook up today didn't work either. Cheap pieces of crap!)
And right now I am doing laundry and I didn't have to load everything in my car and head to the ghetto laundromat. It is so wonderful!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ann, I don't even know if you would remember me but you were always so sweet to my son, Xander. It's Stacie and I used to work for the Statesman and just thought I would say hello!

Monday, November 06, 2006 3:49:00 PM  
Blogger Erica Kern O'Neill said...

Good luck getting settled. I love getting everything situated just right...especially in the kitchen.

Enjoy your new place.

Send pics soon.

Monday, November 06, 2006 6:31:00 PM  
Blogger kate said...

the part i think is kind of funny is that you are on first name basis and speed dial accessable to your cable guy. :O)

Monday, November 06, 2006 8:11:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home