Saturday, October 28, 2006

Adios crappy laundromat!

Ahhh, today was the last day I had to schlep all of our dirty clothes, towels and sheets to the laundromat.
Man, I hate doing that so much.
But our new place has a washer and dryer!!!!!!!
No more buying quarters, no more getting up on Saturdays to realize I have to do this horrible chore, no more getting everything together Friday night even when I am tired.

***

So Wednesday night to Thursday I woke up to a shrieking beep. I ignored it and it went away. Thursday night to Friday I woke up to it again. I tried to ignore it and it wouldn't go away. So at 2:30 in the morning I am trying to figure out what it is. It sounded like the battery was low in the smoke alarm. So I am standing there holding the carbon monoxide alarm while standing under the smoke alarm to determine which one is making the noise. I decide it is the smoke alarm. I climb up there and change the battery--and when you do that get a beautiful shrieeeeek! (Then I can't fall back asleep for hours and have a horrible night sleep with lots of weird dreams during the little time I did sleep.) Then last night to this morning I wake up to the horrid noise again. I get up puzzled since I just fixed this problem the night before. I change the batteries in the carbon monoxide alarm and nope, doesn't fix it. I am wandering around our teeny apartment trying not to run into anything (lots of boxes sitting around) trying to figure out where the noise is coming from. I have almost given up when it dawns on me that we have a second smoke alarm in our "hallway." Why an apartment as small as ours needs 2 is beyond me. So I climb up there and change the battery and go back to bed.
And through all these shrieks the past 3 nights Curt NEVER wakes up!
I wish I slept that well.

OK, I need to get crackin' on the packin'. Weeeeeeeeee!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home