Wednesday, June 15, 2005

My Tom Cruise rant

OK, normally I wouldn't waste space on a silly celebrity--especially Tom Cruise. But the guy has really been bugging me lately.
He used to be cute and sexy and cool--in his "Top Gun" days. Now he is just weird. And so not cute anymore.
First of all, I don't really care whether Tom and Katie Holmes are really dating or if it is a ploy to get people to see their movies. I probably won't see either. Maybe rent in the very far future--since we just joined Netflix. Though that Dakota Fanning is in Tom's movie and she is a great little actress. But I still won't see it in the theater.
Anyway, I only heard about Tommy's behavior on Oprah. I wish I actually witnessed it from my couch. But I had to read about his jumping on the couch and pounding his fist on the floor online. Anyway, he sounds like an idiot. And no one is THAT in love. Gimme a break!
And can Tom no longer convince women his own age to date him? That is just kinda creepy. (He messed up when he left Nicole Kidman. Though it is reported that she is happy for him being in love with the kid.) And Katie used to have a poster of him on her bedroom wall. Too bizarre. I am happy to say I never had a poster of Tom Cruise on my bedroom wall. I was more of a River Phoenix girl.
OK, back to my rant ... And then Tommy convinces Katie to not do some druggie movie role. Because he doesn't believe in drugs or something like that. If you want to know more, read about it on the Scientology Web site.
And now Katie is thinking about or is converting to Scientology. I find that odd. I am all for freedom of religion. But Tom says he didn't have anything to do with her wanting to convert. I have a hard time believing that. At his last movie set he set up a Scientology tent. Somehow he got special permissiom. Because normally sets don't preach any religions. I have my own beliefs and I am OK with others as long as they don't cram them down my throat.
Oh, and he had the nerve to tell Brooke Shields that she shouldn't be taking some anti-depressent for postpartum depression. The whole not believing in drugs thing again. He needs to mind his own business.
When did he have postpartum depression?
OK, that is the end of my rant.

1 Comments:

Blogger JenC said...

i love "when did he have postpartum depression." agreed on all points.

Monday, June 20, 2005 12:55:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home