Friday, July 22, 2005

Celebrations and visitors

Well, my dad was here last weekend for a visit. He coordinated his visit with a trip to Yoshi's (jazz club) on Saturday night. He was excited to see Pete Escovedo and family. The group put on an amazing show. And they are entertainers, so it was funny, too. Always a plus in my opinion. Sheila E. is a family member and part of the band. She was truly amazing on the drums.
Sunday we had lunch at the Thai Buddhist Temple. That is starting to become a regular for us. If you come and visit we will take you.
Monday I met Curt and my dad in the city for dinner. Yummy pizza and wine at an Italian restaurant in North Beach. Oh, and the cheese plate. YUM! I LOVE cheese.
Oh, and my dad just had a birthday. We gave him a painted frame for his new home, which I painted and with a picture of two wonderful people--hmmm, I wonder who they could be???? And we gave him really cool cufflinks: little salt and pepper shakers.
Curt's parents took off for the Pacific Northwest today. Next month is their 4oth wedding anniversary. Isn't that amazing? They are celebrating it in Washington state and Victoria, B.C. For two nights they are staying in the same room we stayed at for our honeymoon at Spinnakers. Our gift to them is two nights there. Curt's brother and wife provided their plane tickets. Glad they get to take this special trip. They deserve it.
Our friend Deb is in town this week for work. David and the kids are supposed to come up today. We are going to see them sometime this weekend. Should be fun.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home