Sunday, March 27, 2005

Big Night in the City ...

Thursday night I took the BART into San Francisco to meet Curt and some of his co-workers for drinks after work. We started at an Irish pub. Had drinks and fish and chips. Eventually moved to a hotel bar on the 39th floor. Had an amazing view of the city at night. It was gorgeous.
My first week here I did lots of sightseeing with my mom and stepdad. We visited: Chinatown, North Beach, Monterey, downtown Berkeley, Alcatraz, Fisherman's Wharf, Ikea. :)
Our furniture and all of our stuff came about a week after I got here. My mom helped me unpack the kitchen stuff into our very small kitchen. I am still trying to find places for all of our cr*p. Today we came to the realization that we are going to have to get a small storage space for all the crud that won't fit in our broom closet ... I mean apartment. Curt and I both keep too much "stuff."
Tomorrow I am taking a proofing test for a company called WestEd. If I get the job I would be proofing assessment tests for students and related materials. The job is only until the end of the year. But it pays pretty well so why not. I also sent stuff to a temp agency and they contacted me. Will probably meet with a recruiter this week.
Well, that is all the excitement I have to report.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home