Sunday, May 08, 2011

Happy Mother's Day


I was fortunate to be able to talk to my mom, grandma, Curt's mom and grandma (and mybrother, as well) and wish them all a Happy Mother's Day.When I said Happy Mother's Day to my grandma she responded, I can't say the same to you. I think she said that last year, too.
I had a few people wish me a Happy Mother's Day since I am mama to furbaby Joey. I think this is sweet. But I can't compare raising a child to loving and caring for a cat for 17 years.
And I am OK with my decision to not have children. It has been a choice to be child free.
I love being an aunt, and a Savvy Auntie at that. I have a niece and two nephews (Curt's brother and sister-in-law have three) and I am an aunt to so many children ... by choice. There are too many to name. I love being an aunt.

******
We had a pretty lazy weekend. I like that, especially since my evenings are so short during the week these days.
Yesterday we hung out with Phil, Lisa and Baby Bea for Derby. We had fried chicken and Mint Juleps. Oh, and I can't forget about the Derby pie. It was fun. And we hadn't seen Trixie in some time. Man, she is a cutie. So smiley and happy. She has these big blue eyes.
Today I did the norm, went to yoga at Namaste for my Vinyasa Yoga class, which is always an amazing workout and practice. In class today there was a young man (probably college age) there with his mom. I am not sure if his gift to his mom was the actual class or attending class with her. Either way, it was sweet. And he survived a rather aggressive class.
After class and my phones calls to Tucson Curt and I headed to Ben 'n' Nick's for lunch. Right after I got my beer I noticed a drink on the chalkboard called a Bloody Piggy (Bloody Mary with bacon). I had to try it. It was a good Bloody Mary and I mean, who doesn't love bacon?
Then, of course, a nap was in order.
I am asking moms to help me answer some questions to help another mom figure out how moms fit in everything they have to do in their lives plus eat healthy and exercise. Check out Go Fit Girl!
And a Happy Mother's Day to all the amazing mother's out there, especially mine.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It was wonderful chatting with you on Mother's Day! It worked out great that you could talk with
some of the family. It was terrific to read your praises for all mothers! Hugs -M

Tuesday, May 10, 2011 5:43:00 PM  
Anonymous Alison said...

I loved the card you sent me! It was the first Mother's Day surprise I received!

I'm so glad that Ashley has met her "Auntie Ann" (second-cousin sound too far away). I wish you lived closer, but she'll definitely know you!

Wednesday, May 11, 2011 1:20:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home