Thursday, May 05, 2011

Free my friend Dorothy


My friend Dorothy Parvaz is still missing. Yesterday Syrian officials did confirm that they are holding her. Which I suppose is better than some other alternatives. But I am still worried for her. And I want her to come home and come home safe.
Dorothy is one of the toughest chicks I know. I have always admired her. She is a great journalist and a good person. She is a straight shooter and you definitely won't get any bullshit from her. She is who she is.
With Dorothy's disappearance I have seen and understood the power of Social Media (blogs, Facebook, Twitter). It is truly amazing.
I am able to keep up on the latest with the Free Dorothy Facebook page.
Please keep Dorothy in your thoughts. Repost, tweet, Facebook, call the Syrian Embassy in D.C. (I have heard they are less than pleased to be getting so many calls on Dorothy's behalf), e-mail the embassy and keep this story alive and going. The more attention it gets the better chance we can get Dorothy home.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I sent email to embassy today will call them in the morning!

Sunday, May 08, 2011 9:13:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home