Thursday, March 10, 2011

Thinking of my mom

As I think most people know that when your car is low on gas a little light lights up to let you know you should fill up soon.
Years ago when I was living in Oregon I came back to Tucson for a visit. My mom and I had dinner with my second mom, Francine. We were dropping Francine off at her car when the gas light came on. My mom noticed it and asked me what it was. My response was, You've never seen that before? Answer: No.
We all got out of the car to say goodbye and give Francine hugs and I just left the car running. As we were chatting my mom remembered the light and was ready to go so we could fill up.
After that we hit a gas station and filled up.
My mom probably still does this. But once the tank is at a quarter full she fills up. But then you never run out of gas. I never have (knock on wood) and I usually wait for the light reminder.
Anyway, the point of this story is whenever my gas light comes on I think of my mom. And it came on tonight while driving home from work.

Don't forget to check out Go Fit Girl! It's been recently updated.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is terrific that you thought of me! Hugs -M

Sunday, March 13, 2011 6:05:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home