Sunday, October 17, 2010

I have found the cure for adult acne ...

Go to Hawaii for at least a few days ... (I was totally breaking out before we left. No breakouts while in Honolulu and then BAM! breakouts almost as soon as we came home.)
Sorry the updates have been few and far between.
I am gonna do my best to summarize the past week or so in bullets:
  • Joey is doing well with the shots. It's pretty much no big deal. He barely cares and seems to be willing to get him some treats.
  • Curt and I headed to Honolulu last Friday (the 8th). We did some lounging, eating and drinking Friday, then met up with old and new friends Friday evening. I had dinner, drinks, listened to jazz, had more drinks with new friends. We stayed out past midnight and I was wished a happy birthday.
  • Saturday morning Curt and I had met up with our German friend Martin (who flew all the way from Stuttgart, Germany). Then the guys headed to surf lessons and I headed to the spa for my birthday massage. After my massage met up with the gang and Curt, Martin and I had lunch and Mai Tais. Well, I had Mai Tais (Martin had one).
  • Saturday evening we headed to Ken and Karen's (couple getting married) for dinner, mingling and lots of fun. A few of us headed to the jacuzzi, which got me all nice and warm and ready for a good night of sleep.
  • Sunday we met Martin for breakfast again and then got ready for the wedding. Ken and Karen got married on a boat--so awesome! We arrived a little before noon, got on board and sailed off. We saw lots of sea turtles and dolphins. We also witnessed parts of the Molokai Hoe canoe race, which was pretty amazing. About 45 minutes into the ride we stopped for the short and sweet wedding ceremony. There was a little more sailing around. And then we headed back to land for a trolley ride and pictures around town. I made friends with Liliana, who is almost 7, and she wanted to sit next to me on the trolley. She said, I want to sit next to you because you are cool. Have you heard that before? After the ride, we were dropped off and given a little time to lounge. Then we had dinner in a private room, which had great wine and delicious food. (Oh, and there were only about 25 of us total.)
  • Monday had breakfast with Martin again and then headed to Ken and Karen's. A group of us headed to Hanauma Bay for beach time and snorkeling. I decided not to snorkle. But I heard there were lots of beautiful fish. The rest of the day was loungy and nice.
  • Then Tuesday we headed back home. What a sad day.
  • Lots of eating out this weekend: Friday two co-workers took me to lunch to celebrate my birthday--yummy sushi; Friday night had dinner with Sue and Alicia to celebrate my birthday: Cafe Biere--always good food and beer. Man we ate well, it was so yummy; Saturday after spin Jennifer and I had brunch at Sea Salt--another delicious meal; last night Curt and I got a pizza and headed to McNally's for beer and to watch the Giants game.
  • Today, grocery, yoga, lounging, paying bills, a little house cleaning, etc.
Today would have been my grandpa's birthday (my mom's dad). Grandpa Lisa (name is kinda a long story) would have been 87 (I think I have my math right). He died the day before his birthday. I can't believe it has been 16 years. He had the best laugh.


Post a Comment

<< Home