Monday, May 31, 2010

Girls' day; housewarming; brunch; etc.

This was a good weekend ...
Friday Curt got off work early as a Summer Friday at his work. I left a little after 4. I came home and met up with Curt. We headed to McNally's for a drink.
Saturday morning I hit the gym. Then at noon Mia came over. We were celebrating her birthday. We lucked out with a gorgeous and sunny day. We walked around the hood; had lunch; then shoe shopping (I got some cute new shoes!!!); mani/pedis; stop at McNally's; then a little more shopping. It was a really good time. We have both been so busy lately that we haven't had a chance to hang out in a long time.
Saturday night Curt and I headed to Ellen and Andy's for their housewarming party/Andy's birthday party. Yummy food, especially the cole slaw and cake--though not together. It was fun. And they have a cute and pretty spacious house.
Sunday we headed to the city to have brunch with Dad and Hilda. We enjoyed gospel brunch at 1300 on Filmore, which is the restaurant my dad is doing his externship at. The food was so amazing. Wow, it was good. Curt had a sandwich and the chips it came with my dad had prepared a day or two before.
The rest of Sunday I was pretty lazy. I did start up my knitting again. I gotta start crankin' out my troop hats again.
This morning I hit the gym and then the grocery. After that a little lounging. And then worked on my iPhone app reviews. Two I had just a few things to tweak and adjust. I also wrote a third review. I worked on it for what seemed like hours. I gave myself a break--as I have a lot of editing (aka hacking at it) to do.
I also worked on some more knitting. I finished one hat (one that I started while in Europe) and started another one. Many more to go.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your long weekend was filled with lots of fun and good friends! Hope the rest of your week goes well.
Hugs -M

Wednesday, June 02, 2010 6:54:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home