Friday, January 01, 2010

The rest of San Diego ... (Oh, and Happy New Year!)

In San Diego on Tuesday Curt decided to take a drive and visit some old haunts. I decided to hit the beach. Suit went on and then pants, hoodie and flip flops. It was fairly warm that day. Probably high 60s.
I had never laid out on the beach in pants and a hoodie. But it was still calm and relaxing. I did some reading, lounging, people watching, etc. After being out there a couple of hours I headed in for lunch. Hit the PB Alehouse for beer and a BLTA (A=avocado). Eventually Curt joined me for a beer. After that I headed back to the beach until about 3.
I came back to the hotel to find Curt lounging on our patio while drinking his tall boy of Modelo Especial. I decided to get something for myself and headed to 7-Eleven for beer and Doritos. We hung out for a bit on the patio, then hit the jacuzzi. Back to the hotel to shower and get ready for dinner.
After I got out of the shower I saw that I had a text from a former Wildcat (college newspaper) colleague who was in town for the Holiday Bowl. So Curt and I met Chris downtown for dinner and bowling.
It was a good time. Chris and I caught each other up on what certain people were up to.
Wednesday morning Curt and I were on the road about 9:30 and home by 6.
New Year's Eve
Yesterday morning I headed to the gym, ran a couple of errands, and then met Sue and Alicia for lunch. We had a good time catching up and talked for hours.
Curt and I had a nice, quiet evening at home. Just watching movies, eating sushi and I had a whole bottle of sparkling wine. We watched the ball drop.
New Year's Day
I planned to hit the gym this morning. But that dang champagne headache prevented that. So I was lazy and watched Lifetime and SVU marathon. I also finished The Girls from Ames. (Comments on that later.)
I just finished watching My Sister's Keeper. The book was really good. The movie, eh. The book was heavily focused on the youngest sister. Not the movie. And they totally changed the ending, which changed the whole focus of the book. That really disappointed me. Jodi Picoult's books always have a twist. And this movie had no twist. And, I am sorry, but Cameron Diaz is not old enough to be the mom. I remember when I first heard they were making the book into a movie and she was cast I figured she would be the youngest sister's guardian ad litem. They didn't even have that character in the movie! If you haven't read the book the movie will probably be good.

Hope everyone had a safe and Happy New Year's Eve and Happy New Year as we enter 2010. Just think, 10 years ago people were freaking out about Y2K.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home