Sunday, January 03, 2010

Winter break comes to an end

Uuuuhhhh. I feel like I have been away from work for a long time. I guess 11 days is a good amount of time.
Yesterday did my two hours at the gym. Then home for house cleaning and fun stuff like that.
Last night we went out with a group of friends to celebrate Cyrus' birthday. We first hit the First and Last Chance bar where Jack London hung out. The bar was small but pretty cool. When the 1906 earthquake hit the bar kinda sunk. The bar is slanted.
After that we headed to the Chop Bar for drinks and dinner. Someone ordered a Michelada. It was beer, tomato juice and a few other items. It sounded weird but I decided to taste it. It was weird good. So I ordered one. Our food was really good.
Some of the gang was gonna head to The Trappist afterward. Curt and I decided to head home (we are the oldest of that group).
Today we had lunch at the Thai Buddhist Temple in Berkeley. An old friend of Curt's, Jeff and his wife, Kathy, met us at our house and then we headed to the temple for lunch. It was a good lunch and a good visit.
The rest of the day was lounging and nappy. I was planning on putting away all the Christmas decorations and taking down the tree. That didn't happen. So maybe this week or definitely next weekend.
Now I am watching Marley & Me.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad that you had a good "last weekend" before going back to work!
Have a good week at work. Hugs -M

Wednesday, January 06, 2010 6:45:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home