Friday, September 04, 2009

Work furlough?

I had to run an errand today. And on the way there I saw two people crossing the street with their bags, claw garbage picker upper thingies and orange vests. And on the back of the vests it said: Work Furlough. Huh? They seemed rather happy I also noticed.

Annie the Baker

When in Napa in July we met this amazing baker, Annie. Annie makes cookies that are slightly undercooked. For those of us who love cookie dough.
For Ed's birthday weekend (his birthday is really in the middle of the month--but Curt and I will be in Europe) I ordered peanut butter cookies and chocolate chip. I LOVE PB cookies. And Annie's are awesome. I have tried all of her cookies and they are all great. Annie is working on a doodle snicker right now. Another one of my favorite cookies.
Ed regularly reads my blog. But he is (along with Marilyn) on a plane right now. And I am thinking he likely won't check the blog before I get home today with the cookies.
Anyway, that was the errand I had to run. I had to go pick up the cookies from the post office.

2 Comments:

Blogger kate said...

is there a difference between a doodle snicker and a snicker doodle?

Friday, September 04, 2009 7:29:00 PM  
Blogger Ann said...

The only difference is Annie is working on getting the cinnamon on the inside of the cookie 'cause who wants cinnamon all over the place?

Saturday, September 05, 2009 5:01:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home