Wednesday, September 02, 2009

Worthy of a blog post

A daughter of Curt's co-worker recently had a birthday party. She is 8 and it was a costume party. And according to Curt, the kids dressed up as freaky artists.
Now, you almost do a double-take take on whether that is an 8-year-old or Frida Kahlo, don't you?
I thought Kate would really get a kick out of this.
Also worthy of a post ... or a rant
Southwest is now going to start charging 10 bucks each way for boarding positions. I read this story and I still don't quite get it. It seems you could still pay the 10 bucks and end up low on the list. Or if you get A31 someone could pay 10 bucks and push you back to B25? Huh?
I love logging in 24 hours before and getting my seat. I take it as a challenge to get the best spot possible and I wonder how 15 people coulda clicked faster than me in the mere seconds we had. I love Southwest and fly it often. It is cheap and goes just about every where I need to go in the U.S. And I earn a free flight fairly often--between all my flying and credit card.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sis - You can't get A1-A15 on Southwest Airlines unless you have purchased a business class ticket, which is the highest priced ticket. Agreed it's a fun challenge to go for a top number. In the last two weeks, seeking top places in line within one minute of the earliest possible time they are made available, I got the following: A31, A31, A32, A29.

Wednesday, September 02, 2009 3:09:00 PM  
Blogger Ann said...

Oh yea, I know about Business Select. That's a whole other area. I paid for it once.
But it sounds like you can check in 25 hours early and pay 10 bucks and get a higher seat. I just don't understand where that cut off is and what happens when you check in 23 hours 59 minutes and 45 seconds? Are you gonna get stuck in C? I guess I will find out in November. (Personally I would rather pay for my luggage.)

Wednesday, September 02, 2009 3:27:00 PM  
Blogger Curt said...

Jen said when her daughter let her hair down after the birthday party, she looked like any regular kid with a uni-brow.

Wednesday, September 02, 2009 8:51:00 PM  
Blogger kate said...

I LOVE IT!!!! did anyone come as VanGough?

Thursday, September 03, 2009 6:34:00 AM  
Blogger Curt said...

The only other name I heard dropped was Toulouse Lautrec.

Thursday, September 03, 2009 7:41:00 AM  
Blogger Erica Kern O'Neill said...

I LOVE that an 8-yr old chose this theme for her party. AND the fact that she chose Frida and someone else chose Toulouse...not the typical mainstream artists. How cool! I wonder if the Toulouse kid, or his parents, knew how odd he was. : )

Thursday, September 03, 2009 8:11:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home