Friday, August 28, 2009

My grandpa is here!

My dad had to go to Tucson last week and came back with my grandpa. I haven't actually seen Grandpa yet. But I have seen pictures, like this one:
Dad, Hilda and Grandpa are supposed to come over the bridge to our side of the Bay tomorrow night and have dinner. I want Grandpa to see where we live and our really cool neighborhood. Then on Sunday Curt and I will be joining the gang for a Giants game. It is male Chihak tradition to be a Giants fan. So finally Grandpa gets to see the Giants play in San Francisco.
I am still shocked that he came out here. I am so happy he did. I mean that man refuses to drive to Phoenix from Tucson (for those who need reference that is about 120-mile drive).
My dad was telling me that this is the first time Grandpa has been to California. Wow!
Thing is when people think California they think beaches and warm weather not sweaters and fog and wool coats in July.
Anyway, I am looking forward to visits this weekend with my grandpa. I cherish that I still have two grandparents left.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Terrific to hear that Grandpa Frank REALLY arrived in SF! Have a wonderful time with him! It is great to know that you appreciate your grandparents! Hugs -M

Friday, August 28, 2009 1:59:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is such a sweet posting about your grandpa! Made me want to cry.
I hope he has a wonderful time visiting!

alicia

Friday, August 28, 2009 2:03:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

CORRECTION: I have been to California twice before. Once was on a troop train that passed through a small part of the state during World War II, in fact on my first trip to Tucson. Second was when I had to change planes on a flight from Tucson to St. Louis, and my flight got rerouted so I had a six-hour layover in San Francisco.
-- Frank A. :Grandpa" Chihak

Saturday, August 29, 2009 4:41:00 PM  
Blogger Al said...

Grandpa made a comment! Ahh! This is the best thing ever! Next he's going to have a Facebook page.

Saturday, August 29, 2009 10:39:00 PM  
Blogger Ann said...

Well, not to burst your bubble. But Grandpa had a ghostwriter. :)
I showed Grandpa Facebook and all of us being part of the Chihak group. I got some more Chihak family info.

Sunday, August 30, 2009 7:32:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home