Monday, September 07, 2009

Good visit

Our visit with Ed and Marilyn is coming to an end.
Yesterday we went to an A's game. They played the Mariners. And we got to see Ichiro Suzuki hit his 2,000 hit in the Major Leagues. He was the first batter. And I believe he accomplished this with his second pitch.
The game was a good time. It was warm. But a nice day. The A's won. We got to see a grand slam. (Curt and I saw one last Sunday at the Giants game with my grandpa.)
My dad came over about 5:30 and soon after that we went to Shushiya for dinner. It was a delicious dinner ... as always. And a nice visit.
Today we got up early and headed to Muir Woods. We had a nice 2-mile walk/mild hike. I had never been here. The redwoods were amazing. (Pics to come--too lazy to do it right now, plus Curt and I are watching Mad Men and I want to pay attention.)
After Muir Woods we headed to Stinson Beach for lunch. We found a cute little place to eat. The food was pretty good. And I got to soak up some sun.
Once we got home we lounged. We were going to have fresh ravioli for dinner. But Market Hall was closed. So we ordered pizza (and salad for me) from Rustica. We watched Wall-E and then the Ferret show. Man, Marilyn and I were laughing so hard we were crying.
The folks are in bed and Curt and I are watching Mad Men.
Good night.

2 Comments:

Blogger Ed said...

For those of you who have visited Ann & Curt, you know what a "sweeeet" little guest cottage they run. As usual, Annie had things in tip top order. This was (I think) my third birthday visit with them since they moved to the Bay area. Curt and I always take in a baseball game and Ann always has a new wine for me to try. This time she had my favorite from ZD Winery. Also birthday cookies from Annie the Baker from up in Napa. This time Marilyn came with me and we were introduced to Sushi. Surprisingly enough, I liked it. Not something I would want everyday, but very good none the less. I did, however, have Tojo's revenge the next day. Guess Sushi needs a little getting used to by us old mid-west beef eaters. All in all it was a wonderful visit as usual and I can't say enough how much we enjoy and love having Ann as our daughter-in-law. Thanks, Ann & Curt, for the great birthday visit and I look forward to doing it again. Love you both, Ed.

Wednesday, September 09, 2009 5:34:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! Ed had wonderful things to say about my "wonderful" daughter!!! But he is right. Ann and Curt always make you feel at home! He was terrific to say so...
Hugs, Mama

Wednesday, September 09, 2009 8:43:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home