Sunday, August 16, 2009

Gettin' stuff done

Listen to this first before you read the rest of this post.

This is the closest sound I could get that would be a good opening to say ... the shredding is complete. I still can't believe it. My revamping of the spare room/office is almost complete. I still have a couple of boxes to go through. But it is minor stuff.

Saturday after the gym (and a shower) Curt and I headed to San Mateo. One of Curt's co-workers, DW's son, Buddy, decided to have a lem-o-lade stand to raise money for kids who "don't have that many toys." I mean, Buddy is like 4!
We had some lemonade and treats and hung out for a bit. Then we headed to downtown San Mateo for lunch. DW and his wife, Rose, recommended a place called Sushi Sam's. And it was good stuff.
A nap was in order for me when we got home (and actually part of the way home, too).
Eventually I got back to the shredding. Then Curt and I watched Gran Torino last night.
This morning I headed to the grocery. It is so much more pleasant to go to the grocery store when there are not many people there.
Then late this morning I got a wonderful massage and a much needed one. Han at Bellissima Day Spa gives an amazing massage. She is this tiny woman but man she can give a good massage.
This afternoon I got a ton of stuff done around the house: finished the shredding; did laundry; straightened up and cleaned the linen closest; did the same to the bathroom; and then the same to the pantry (I also went through our earthquake kit and threw old stuff out and made a list of replacements needed); and I washed the car.
Whew! I feel great about what I accomplished this weekend. And I still had time to relax, have fun and enjoy myself.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

impressed buddy did that and he is only 4!

Tuesday, August 18, 2009 9:41:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The music was a great touch! Wow!
You accomplished so much AND still had time to have fun! Hugs-M

Tuesday, August 18, 2009 11:54:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home