Sunday, July 19, 2009

Ugh, do I really have to go to work tomorrow?

Saturday morning had a leisurely a.m. Had "breakfast in bed" again. I have to say that Quiche du jour was so good both days.
After we ate and were packed up we checked in with Dad and Hilda about 9:45 to see how they were doing. They were still lounging and sipping coffee.
So Curt and I gathered our stuff and packed the car up and then had a couple of lattes.
Soon after that we met up with Dad and Hilda and we walked to the Napa Farmer's Market. It was a lot smaller than the St. Helena one we were at Friday morning.
But we did see Annie the Baker. She was sold out of her PB cookies, which was a bummer, because I really wanted some more. While we were still at the market Annie ran out of the rest of her cookies. She is the fun and spirited crazy baker lady. I am all about supporting her and plan to do so in the future.
There was a massage booth set up. So I got a 15-minute chair massage. Man, I haven't had a massage in a long time. It felt good and I really needed it. I need to get a full-body massage very soon. She really worked on my kinks--so much so I was in a little pain afterward. She really worked those muscles.
Oh, we also ran into Julie, our cooking instructor from the day before. HA!
After that we walked around and found a cute little Italian place to have lunch. And we sat outside. It was so nice! Lunch was delicious and it was warm and enjoyable.
After lunch Curt and I took off for a couple of wineries before heading home. Dad and Hilda went for a drive and then to dinner before heading home.
We hit ZD Wines for some yummy tastings. I bought a bottle. Then Andretti for some yummy free tastings. I bought two bottles there.
After that we came on home. I was "tired," so I took a nap when we got home.
Once up I watched the first disc of Season 2 of Mad Men.

This morning I headed to the grocery to get ... food and supplies for today.
After the grocery I had some coffee, eggs and the seems to be getting smaller and smaller Chronicle.
About noon we headed to Phil and Lisa's and then down to Palo Alto for tailgating before the Club America / Inter Milan football match. We sat around enjoying wine and beer, cheese, crackers, venison sausage, chips and veggies.
We watched an exciting match. Afterward we had a little more tailgating--more like waiting for the traffic to clear out.
And now I am just getting ready for another workweek.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad to hear that you had such a good time in the Napa Valley. I bet your Dad and Hilda enjoyed the cooking classes and eating! You and Curt are having a pretty good life together... I am so happy for you. You deserve it! You both have worked very hard! Hugs -M

Tuesday, July 21, 2009 4:07:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home