Thursday, July 16, 2009

No wine in a cube tonight

Curt and I headed to Napa tonight. Traffic was light and we arrived in less than an hour.
We checked into the Napa River Inn and joined Dad and Hilda for dinner. My polenta veggie dinner was delicious. I had a light and yummy sauvignon blanc with my dinner. After that some sparkling wine and some apricot crisp with vanilla gelato.
Dinner was so good. The weather was perfect. It was so relaxing and a nice start to our weekend. We are relaxing in our room right now. I just took a shower in our honker bathroom. I feel nice and ready for bed.
In case you are wondering why we are up here (besides the obvious) ... we are celebrating my dad's birthday. Tomorrow cooking school to make a yummy lunch, then I am sure another nice dinner. Saturday TBD--but there will be breakfast in bed (we are staying in a kinda B&B) some sort of yummy lunch in Napa--maybe Dean & Deluca, maybe our regular Italian joint. And, of course, there will be some wine tasting and drinking.
As we were driving up tonight and entering the Napa area I kept thinking, I really love my life. I feel really lucky to be able to travel and enjoy the things I do. And, hopefully without getting too cheesy, I feel lucky to share this with my life partner. In case you don't know who that is, it's Curt!
Good night.

2 Comments:

Blogger Erica Kern O'Neill said...

It's nice when we can recognize those special moments and having someone to share them with. Even waking up at 2 am with crying Finn is okay because Casey is there to be my partner thru the whole process.

p.s. My security word is "tatees." How funny!

Friday, July 17, 2009 3:00:00 PM  
Blogger Ann said...

That reminds me of Joe E. Tata--Leah's favorite character on 90210. :)

I feel very satisfied in my life right now--very fulfilled.It feels really good.

Friday, July 17, 2009 7:30:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home