Wednesday, July 15, 2009

I can save your life ...

Well, maybe.
Today at work I attended a CPR certification class. It was really informative and it was fun.
I really liked the instructor and my co-workers made it entertaining, too.
I learned how to help someone in shock, someone having a heart attack, someone choking (no longer called the Heimlich Maneuver, now called abdominal thrusts--which I think sounds a little nasty), someone who needs CPR, etc.
That was my excitement for the day.
Tomorrow is my last day for the workweek. Curt and I are taking Dad and Hilda to Napa this weekend for cooking school, relaxing and wine tasting (for Hilda and me). I am looking forward to my weekend, especially after this week. Though today wasn't so hard. I wasn't sure how I was gonna cram in my work day into half a day. But there weren't any emergencies, so that helped.

2 Comments:

Blogger Erica Kern O'Neill said...

Why isn't it the Heimlich Maneuver?

Thursday, July 16, 2009 9:16:00 PM  
Blogger Ann said...

Apparently the Heimlich family wants royalties every time the phrase is used or something crazy like that.

Thursday, July 16, 2009 10:05:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home