Wednesday, July 08, 2009

Bummer!

So the company I used to work for, Gannett, is having another round of layoffs. If I remember correctly they had layoffs about six months or so ago.
A lot of good people I worked with were given the boot.
And it is happening again. Today two former bosses were laid off. And third was laid off the first round.
The desk I used to work on--news copy desk--was spared. Only one part timer was laid off. They were hit a little harder last round.
But, good people I worked with, good people I didn't work with and people I didn't like were all laid off.
It's a sad day.
Times like this make me very thankful for where I am in my career. My company is still hiring people. I feel much safer at Onyx--though nothing is 100%. And patent administrators are always in high demand. Yet, so was the copy editor at one point ...
I wish luck to all of my former co-workers who are starting a new chapter in their lives. I do believe everything happens for a reason.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home