Friday, July 10, 2009

My Missouri weekend

I guess I better write about last weekend before this weekend begins. So glad it is Friday.
Before I write about last weekend ... Curt and I ordered sushi from Sushiya. They just started delivery service. Now this is what I call service:


And we didn't order the beer.


I spent my three-day weekend in Missouri, without Curt. He headed to Tahoe with the new Subaru and his bike.
Ed and Marilyn (oh, and Katie, too) picked me up at the airport. (My flight was 15 minutes early. Luv Southwest!)
We headed to St. Joe for dinner. Ate at a place called Boudreaux's. It was really yummy.
After that we headed back to their house in Albany. Man, it really stormed driving home. When the lightning would hit the while sky would light up. It was pretty cool.

Saturday morning Grandma Phyllis came to the house to hang out. We visted. Played Dominoes--game called Mexican Train. I still wanna know why it is called that. After that we drove out to the farm just to drive around and look at the wildflowers, some berry bushes and the grandkids' trees. The on to lunch. Had a yummy burger and onion rings. Hey, when you are in the Midwest you gotta take advantage of good beef.
After lunch we took Grandma Phyllis back to her room and visited a little bit more. Then left her to rest.
We headed back to the house to hang out and relax ourselves.
Ed and I got him and Marilyn booked for a trip out to visit us in September. Then I checked in for my flight the next day. And since we were on the computer we looked at some pictures. That was fun.
We had cheeseball and wine a little later. Mmmmm. Then Ed fired up the grill for the chicken, steak and veggies. We ate outside. The weather was pleasant and cool. We were eating and chatting away. The Marilyn wondered where Katie was. She walks into the house and Katie comes running to the door looking all innocent with cheeseball on her whiskers and eyebrow. Marilyn said she slurped a hole into the cheeseball. Nice!
Family friends and neighbors Jim and Donna came by for a visit. I really like them.
A little later we headed to the golf course to watch firework
s. It was almost like being in the Bay Area having to wear long pants and fleece.
Sunday morning had a yummy homemade breakfast (just like the morning before). Ed grilled bacon out on the grill. Yum! Man, I love bacon. Then I started to shower and get my stuff together. Donna and Heather and Ben came by for a visit. Heather just graduated high school. Both are great kids. That was a fun visit.
Then I finished getting my stuff together and we headed to St. Joe for lunch and then on to the airport. At lunch we sat outside and soaked up the sun. It was so nice.
In case you are wondering who Katie is:

Isn't she adorable?

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Katie is very cute! Someday we will send Cookie for a visit! Your last weekend sounded Great! Enjoy
this coming weekend too! Hugs -M

Friday, July 10, 2009 10:58:00 AM  
Blogger kate said...

i wondered who katie was until you said "whiskers." i was thinking a grand kid!

Friday, July 10, 2009 2:00:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home