Sunday, May 24, 2009

Wicked cool!

(Written Friday, May 22 about 9:30 p.m. Boston time; posted Sunday, May 24 about 12:05 a.m.)

We don't have Internet access at the hotel we are staying at in Boston. Not even Internet via non-wireless. So I will post this when I can.
Curt and I left Wellesley about 3:30 on Thursday. We got into Boston in good time.
We arrived at Fenway a little before 5 p.m. We met up with Kate and Jason. (Kate and Jason were in town to celebrate Jason's 35th.)
We hung out on Yawkey Way (a street that gets closed on game nights/days), doing some shopping, chatting it up, eating and hanging out. I had a Fenway Frank (actually I had two--one later on during the game).
About 6:30 we headed into the ballpark. Kate and Jason had seats on the Green Monstah.
Curt and I didn't have seats together because we bought the tickets separately. But after a couple of innings Curt texted me (or as Curt says is the correct way: SMS'd me) that the seat next to him was empty. So I moved over with him. We were able to pick Kate and Jason out across the way on the Monstah.
I have to say the spirit and love at a Sox game is pretty cool. I mean, these people live in Boston--a cool place. But their baseball means a lot to them. And Fenway is the oldest baseball park.
In the middle of the 8th inning everyone sings Sweet Caroline. Not sure what the obsession is with Neil Diamond or his song. But it totally rocks. And, of course, made us think of Dave from his "after party" when he wedded the lovely Jen. After the ceremony and dinner the cool kids headed to a bar and karaoke until the wee hours of the morning. Dave sang Sweet Caroline.
Anyway, the Sox won 5-1 against the Toronto Blue Jays.
After the game we met up with Kate and Jason and headed to a bar called McKeevey's or McGeevey's or something like that. (Now that I have Internet I looked it up--McGreevey's.) A bar that the old-time players used to hang out after games. Man, we really had a great time hanging out. We all get along so well. I wish we lived closer. :(
Curt and I were lazy this morning (Friday) and slept in and took our time getting ready.
We headed to Legal Seafood for lunch--recommendation from Kate (she and Jason had lunch there on Thursday). Curt and I both had the chowder (seriously good stuff) and the Lobster Roll. So much food and so good.
After lunch we did some serious walking. We walked through Boston Common and hit Quincey Market. It was warm. But we took our time walking and taking breaks. We watched people on the Swan Boats and a dog wading in the water. Saw some pretty flowers.
After that back to our tiny hotel room (we feel like we are in Europe--but hey, it's cheap!) and rested for a bit.
Then out to dinner at Vinny T's for an amazing dinner. We both had pasta. I had a yummy warm tomato salad with goat cheese. For dessert I had Limoncello on the rocks--good stuff. Curt had cappucino. I also ordered cheesecake. I shouldn't have. But man, it was good!
After dinner we sat at the bar and watched a little of the Sox/Mets game. Now we are back in the hotel relaxing.
Tomorrow (Saturday) we are gonna spend some time in Cambridge and then off to the airport.
Curt and I are already wanting to come back and spend more time here.
Oh, and I so love the way people talk around here. I could just sit around listening to the Boston accents.


Post a Comment

<< Home