Sunday, May 17, 2009

Smoke coming out of the shredder is not good

Weekend started out with a great yoga class Friday after work. I was determined to get to the gym ... I missed my spin class Thursday night and I wasn't about to miss yoga.
After class Curt and I met Dad and Hilda for dinner at Sushiya. Good as always. And a nice dinner with Dad and Hilda.
Watched Grey's Anatomy after we got home from dinner. Most of that show was boring. The last, what, 10-15 minutes were crazy. I figured out John Doe about 2 minutes before it was revealed. I knew there had to be a twist in that story line. It just took me a little time. I had started to give up on Grey's. I actually can't stand Meredith and Derek, but especially Meredith. She is so annoying! I do have to say the ending was good and unexpected. I may give it another season ...
Saturday I hit the gym. Then a haircut. Then to Subaru ... got our manual, extra keys, tank of gas and a cargo cover for our trunk. Ike was the one who sold us the car. He was busy. So Wayne helped me. Wayne went over the manual with me and then sat in the car and pointed some stuff out. Very nice.
After I came back Curt and I headed to REI to check out racks for the Subaru--for his bike and snowboard. Then had beers and a late lunch at Ben & Nick's. 
Today I lounged this morning, did some knitting. Watched The Curious Case of Benjamin Button. Interesting movie. He was cute when he was a little old guy, but was like 7 years old.
Then I did some cleaning, bill paying, worked more on my house project: Filing away all important papers correctly, organizing and shredding old stuff. The shredder was having issues. Paper really got gunked up. And I ran a lubricant through it before I started. At one point there was some smoke coming out of the shredder. I figured that was a bad thing and stopped. Looks like I may be buying a new shredder. Got LOTS of stuff to shred.

3 Comments:

Blogger kate said...

maybe you should ship your shreddables off to one of those companies that will do it for you.

Monday, May 18, 2009 8:20:00 AM  
Blogger Ann said...

We have that at work.
We have big ol' bins for your shreddables.
You think anyone will notice all of my stuff in there?

Monday, May 18, 2009 10:01:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I shredded our stuff this weekend too. Have a terrific time in Boston. That is a great place to visit. Enjoy! Hugs -M

Tuesday, May 19, 2009 7:33:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home