Sunday, March 22, 2009

Happy Birthday Curt + 2 days!


I have been super busy at work plus some technical difficulties have gotten in the way of my blogging.
Curt and I headed to Reno on Friday morning to celebrate the big 4-0! We wanted to make sure we were there on time to watch Mizzou play some basketball. Sitting in a bar at Circus Circus drinking beer and watching basketball was quite entertaining.
Besides watching Mizzou win we actually witnessed Arizona win. I didn't think they even deserved to be in the tourney--yes, I am talking about MY OWN TEAM like that. But, hell, now they are in the Sweet 16.
Anyway, we watched some basketball, checked into our 80 buck a night mini suite and had a great time. I took a nap and then went back about 4:30 to watch some more basketball with Curt, who had made some friends with some guys from Portland. So there was a huge cheering section for Portland State, Curt's alma mater.
After basketball and a little gambling (at one point I was up 15 bucks on the EBAY penny slots--shoulda stopped then) we headed out to dinner.
Curt and I were entertained by the guys walking around trying to look bad ass in Reno with their trophy girls.
Saturday morning we cruised a few pawn shops. I found a guitar along with a case for 150 bucks. I am going to take a beginner guitar class soon. The pawn shops were a little sad. I mean, there were a ton of engagement rings (at great prices).
We headed out of Reno about 11:30 and hit Cabela's--our whole reason for our redneck weekend trip. Curt describes Cabela's as a redneck Walmart. If you are a hunter or fisherman/woman--this is where you go for all of your needs.
Curt got his ammo, rifle sling and a few other things. We also had lunch at their little restaurant.
Pics from our trip here.
After that we headed home. At one point we hit SNOW! You all know how much I love winter. Luckily the snow was wet, but for some time it was blowing pretty hard.
We got home and had a little time to relax before heading to Jacob and Aileen's for dinner with some of their other friends. It was a good time.
I slept in this morning and then caught up on some shows, then cleaned the house and got ready. Headed to Mia's, had lunch with Mia and Lexie. Then Mia and I headed to a movie, Sunshine Cleaning. It was really good: funny and sad. But a great movie.
Curt and I watched Burn Before Reading--which was pretty funny. After some time it kinda dies and it isn't so funny.
Time for another workweek, which is only four days for me as I head to Florida on Friday to visit Kate and meet baby Dash!!!!! Can't wait.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad to hear that Curt had a great birthday. Sounds like you had a fun time in Reno. Have fun with your "new" guitar. 4 days of work aren't too bad since you get to visit baby Dash! Hugs -M

Monday, March 23, 2009 2:17:00 PM  
Blogger Ann said...

Actually Cabela's DOES SELL toilet paper:
http://tinyurl.com/dawnau
or
http://tinyurl.com/cu5vw8

Tuesday, March 24, 2009 11:14:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I dunno, I've never seen people with video cameras taping themselves in front of displays of animal trophies and stuff (like I did at the Bass Pro in Springfield, Mo.).

I think Bass Pro might trump Cabela's in the "ooo, classy" category.

Tuesday, March 24, 2009 12:00:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home