Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Guess what I got again???

Another jury summons. I have lost count, but this is probably eight since I have lived in California. (I have lived here for four years.) I "served" on October 29. So I am not due again until the end of October.
My license and voter registration are not exactly the same. (That is why I get hit twice a year. So stupid!) My middle name is on my license but not voter registration. So I went online today and printed out a new registration form with my "new" name.
I gotta dig through all of my mail and stuff and find the October summons so it makes it easier for them to find it in the computer and they can take out my April summons and reset me for October--because I am sure I will get one in October again ... like clockwork.
There are people who have lived in California for their whole life and have never gotten one. What's the deal? And my summons are never in Oakland. They are usually in Hayward or Pleasanton--not near me and not exactly easy to get to.

8 Comments:

Blogger Erica Kern O'Neill said...

I, too, got one yesterday! But, I haven't had one in probably 3 years so I am due. : )

Wednesday, March 25, 2009 5:22:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Maybe you're the "perfect" juror!... and everyone wants you!
That same stuff happens to me with the 2 last names. Hugs -M

Wednesday, March 25, 2009 8:16:00 PM  
Blogger Erica Kern O'Neill said...

Uh oh...the two name thing doesn't sound good...especially since I just changed mine in April and now I am being called. : )

Wednesday, March 25, 2009 9:33:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I had a jury summons for last week (though my group ended up not having to go in) ... I was trying to figure out how to get my knitting past security.

I figured a bun with a bunch of wooden DPNs stuck through it would work. You'll have to give it a try, Ann! :-)

Thursday, March 26, 2009 11:28:00 AM  
Blogger Ann said...

You can't take knitting needles???!!???

Thursday, March 26, 2009 2:12:00 PM  
Blogger Erica Kern O'Neill said...

Try taking the circular ones. I took them on the plane.

Thursday, March 26, 2009 7:12:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think the wooden ones would be fine -- but I think the metal detector would pick up on metal ones and freak them out. :-)

Friday, March 27, 2009 11:40:00 AM  
Blogger Ann said...

I have actually stabbed (accidentally) myself with plastic needles.
I was on a plane and the needles poked through my backpack and scratched my hand. Ouch!
My metal circulars did OK coming through security yesterday at the airport.

Saturday, March 28, 2009 7:29:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home