Thursday, March 05, 2009


So, I use 1800Flowers for most of my flower deliveries. It is easy to use and they get it done right away. (Also recently I started using Edible Arrangements for deliveries after a loved one has a baby. They are a great idea--they kinda look like flowers, but you can eat them.)
Anyway, I ordered flowers for Grandma Phyllis on Tuesday. When I ordered them I had the option to have the flowers delivered that very same day. Great!!! I put the order in for same-day delivery. I get a call later that day saying they can't deliver until Wednesday. Fine, no hurry. Then Wednesday I get a call that they can't deliver until today and they will have to UPS or FedEx. I guess they were having a hard time finding a florist near the small town to deliver. Oh, and when they find out they have to deliver to a hospital they tell me it has to be to a residence. So I was going to have it sent to Curt's parents' house. After I get off the phone frustrated I mention it to Curt and he asks if I can cancel. I figured I couldn't. But I decide to try anyway. (Because I find out Albany has a florist. And they would deliver same day and I am sure be a lot cheaper!)
Customer Service tells me I can't cancel because the order is at a stage that can't be canceled. She tells me it will be delivered tomorrow (today).
Then later yesterday I get an e-mail from Marilyn (Curt's mom) that the flowers arrived to her at the hospital (she works at the hospital).
I am confused how they got the flowers already and at the hospital. But I am glad they were delivered.
Last night I received an e-mail from 1800Flowers confirming my order to be delivered today. So maybe Grandma Phyllis will luck out and receive a second set of flowers today.
So the moral of this story is ... if you are delivering flowers to a small town, find their local florist. If you are delivering to a city 1800Flowers is just fine.

And happy to report that Grandma Phyllis is feeling even better today. She should soon be transferred to a regular hospital room and be there for a week to 10 days and then back to her nursing home.


Anonymous Anonymous said...

So happy to hear that Grandma Phyllis is feeling so much better.
And now she is surrounded by flowers! Catch you this weekend.
Hugs -M

Friday, March 06, 2009 9:50:00 AM  
Anonymous Tess said...

1-800-Flowers is my favorite to for flower deliveries. Just ordered for 2 bouquets for my friend's wedding.

Saturday, August 01, 2009 2:22:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home