Thursday, March 05, 2009

Hmmm

So, I use 1800Flowers for most of my flower deliveries. It is easy to use and they get it done right away. (Also recently I started using Edible Arrangements for deliveries after a loved one has a baby. They are a great idea--they kinda look like flowers, but you can eat them.)
Anyway, I ordered flowers for Grandma Phyllis on Tuesday. When I ordered them I had the option to have the flowers delivered that very same day. Great!!! I put the order in for same-day delivery. I get a call later that day saying they can't deliver until Wednesday. Fine, no hurry. Then Wednesday I get a call that they can't deliver until today and they will have to UPS or FedEx. I guess they were having a hard time finding a florist near the small town to deliver. Oh, and when they find out they have to deliver to a hospital they tell me it has to be to a residence. So I was going to have it sent to Curt's parents' house. After I get off the phone frustrated I mention it to Curt and he asks if I can cancel. I figured I couldn't. But I decide to try anyway. (Because I find out Albany has a florist. And they would deliver same day and I am sure be a lot cheaper!)
Customer Service tells me I can't cancel because the order is at a stage that can't be canceled. She tells me it will be delivered tomorrow (today).
Then later yesterday I get an e-mail from Marilyn (Curt's mom) that the flowers arrived to her at the hospital (she works at the hospital).
I am confused how they got the flowers already and at the hospital. But I am glad they were delivered.
Last night I received an e-mail from 1800Flowers confirming my order to be delivered today. So maybe Grandma Phyllis will luck out and receive a second set of flowers today.
So the moral of this story is ... if you are delivering flowers to a small town, find their local florist. If you are delivering to a city 1800Flowers is just fine.

And happy to report that Grandma Phyllis is feeling even better today. She should soon be transferred to a regular hospital room and be there for a week to 10 days and then back to her nursing home.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

So happy to hear that Grandma Phyllis is feeling so much better.
And now she is surrounded by flowers! Catch you this weekend.
Hugs -M

Friday, March 06, 2009 9:50:00 AM  
Anonymous Tess said...

1-800-Flowers is my favorite to for flower deliveries. Just ordered for 2 bouquets for my friend's wedding.

Saturday, August 01, 2009 2:22:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home