Sunday, January 11, 2009

Tasting dried fruits, pepper and a hint of ...

Macworld UK friends Karen and Louise came over to our hood yesterday.
I met them at the BART station. We took a leisurely walk on College Ave. We stopped for coffee at Market Hall, gawked at shoes from outside at Tootsies and enjoyed the sunny and warm weather.
We got back to the house and Curt was ready to drive us girls up to Napa.
We stopped at Don Giovanni for a nice lunch. There is a cute little cat that lives at the restaurant. She took a real liking to Karen and jumped in her lap and then got Karen in trouble when she was told that the cat was not allowed in the dining area.


After lunch we drove a bit and first hit William Harrison Vineyards & Winery. It is small and quaint and I like the kind of service we get there.
Next stop was ZD Wines. At this point us girls were feeling a little light and fun. So I told the two Brits to start working the accent. We got an extra tasting at ZD and our wine guy seemed to enjoy letting Louise pose with some HUGE bottles of wine.
Third and last stop was Andretti Winery, where I am a wine club member. This is really where the girls worked the accents. Though they really didn't have a lot of work to do. Those guys just loved them. At Andretti since I am a wine club member myself and my guests get free tastings. We took all kinds of funny pictures, got lots of yummy snacks. They even opened a bag of goodies for us. We got free wine stopper thingies--where it will only allow an ounce of wine to come out when pouring.
I have to say that I think the English accents got us more attention and freebies than Dave with his Hawaiian shirt--and that got us a lot of free stuff.
Once we got home I had to take a nap.
Today Curt and I de-Christmased the house and lazed around. Had sushi for dinner and got a free beer at dinner. :)
And tomorrow is back to work. I am kinda dreading this week. Moving at the end of the week. So lots of packing Thursday and Friday. We have to be packed up by 3 p.m. Friday and out of there by about 3:05. So there is one benefit!!!! (The other benefits are cool, new digs and the force of purging crap on my desk.)

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like you had a fun weekend!
Napa valley is a great place to see and taste! Hugs -M

Tuesday, January 13, 2009 6:40:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home