Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Obama to end 'don't ask, don't tell' policy

You don't know happy this makes me. I was NEVER a fan of the don't ask, don't tell. I was miffed that Clinton came up with that. But I realize he was kinda forced. But still!!!

I know the blogging has been slacking. Not a lot to report.
Packing at work for our move. Been knitting a preemie hat for a friend. Trying to get that done before her shower on Saturday. Been reading a lot--on the third book of the Twilight series. LOVE it! I love Edward. Book No. 2 was just OK. It got better near the end.

And very LAME Breaking News: Gannett announces one-week, unpaid furloughs. I mean, they might as well just take a week away from everyone. Isn't it bad enough that many co-workers were laid off just what, not even two months ago? Being forced to take an unpaid vacation seriously makes no sense to me. And while people are gone then others will have to work OT to make up for the missing workers.
Whenever I complain about my job I need to remember this and say, I am lucky and fortunate and love my job.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That was an interesting story. Did you see the quote at the end?

"Who ... cares?"

I inserted "Who f---ing cares?"

That's what I think!

Friday, January 16, 2009 11:02:00 AM  
Blogger Ann said...

That was my favorite quote of the story. And so F'n true!!!

Friday, January 16, 2009 2:15:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home