Friday, January 16, 2009

My latest project

Lately I have been trying to focus my knitting on charity work. You all know how I knitted 20 beanies for the military. And I enjoyed coordinating that and getting all of the extras, too. And The Ship's Project is acquiring more and more units to support with "Hugs from Home." So please, if you have the time, think about making a hat or two for the troops. For the ground troops they need dark, muted colors and 100% wool. For the ship troops and the wounded troops you can use a blend yarn and more cheery colors. For more information just go to the Web site or you can ask me.

With all of the friends who have had babies (and there have been a lot!). I have acquired a ton of baby yarn--Pound of Love. So I have started making preemie hats for the Oakland Children's Hospital.
The blue one is for Baby Pickle--a friend of a friend. Pickle is gonna be born just a little early. His mom is a great person and I really like her. So Pickle gets a hat, some diapers and some onesies.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The preemie knit hats are darling. I am very impressed with all the work that you have done for others!
Hugs -M

Friday, January 16, 2009 10:14:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Those are so cute! I think it's great that you're doing these projects for good causes.

Friday, January 16, 2009 10:57:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home