Wednesday, December 03, 2008

I feel very fortunate and a little guilty

For those of you not associated with "the business" (aka newspapers) Gannett (the company I worked for for seven years) had some major layoffs. People found out last night at The Republic. I think other Gannett papers were informing at the same time.
I have many dear friends who are still working in newspapers.
I feel so lucky to work for a company that is actually hiring people like crazy. Just yesterday we received our holiday gift. I was happy to receive an iHome alarm clock as my gift. But I also felt guilty that many of my friends were anxiously waiting to find out if they still had a job.
And I am sad to report that many people I admired and worked with have lost their jobs. And talk about harsh, right before the holidays.
And for those who still have jobs, it is going to be so much more difficult to do the job with a smaller team.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, you are correct we are very fortunate! Sometimes we forget.
Thanks for reminding us! Hugs -M

Wednesday, December 03, 2008 10:25:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are so lucky. What a nice gift from your company.

Saturday, December 06, 2008 10:49:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home