Friday, September 19, 2008

Oven-Fried Chicken with a Corn Flake Crust

I have talked about this oven-fried chicken recipe many times. And I have had a few requests for it. So I am finally going to share it with you.
I got this off of the Safeway Corn Flakes box:

Oven-Fried Chicken with a Corn Flake Crust

Oven frying produces a crisp, crunchy crust with a minimum of fat. To reduce the fat even further, remove the chicken skin before coating.

3 1/2 lbs chicken pieces, rinsed and patted dry
2 eggs
1/4 cup milk
2 1/2 cups crushed Safeway Corn Flakes cereal
2 tsp salt or to taste
1/2 tsp ground black pepper
2 to 3 tbsp melted butter

Position rack in upper third of oven. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with heavy foil and grease the foil. Season chicken with salt and pepper. In a pie dish or shallow bowl, whisk together eggs and milk. In another shallow dish, stir together cereal, salt and pepper. Dip the chicken into the egg mixture and then into the cereal mixture, patting with your hands to make the crumbs adhere. Arrange chicken on prepared banking sheet. Drizzle with melted butter. Bake until crisp and golden, 40-50 minutes. Makes 4 servings.

Curt loves the chicken. We have had friends over and I have made it and they love it, too. I never use all the eggs/milk. So you could probably cut down on that. And I find that I need more than 2 1/2 cups of corn flakes. Oh, and I "grease" the foil with Pam.
A healthier and yummy way to eat friend chicken.
Enjoy!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the recipe. I'll try it soon. Catch you this weekend. Hugs -M

Friday, September 19, 2008 10:34:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home