Monday, June 30, 2008

Wow, 3 days and no blogging

Sorry I just haven't been blogging. Nothing really exciting happened during the day Friday to blog.
But we did have a fun-filled weekend.
Friday night we headed to the Greek Theatre to see Mark Knopfler (of Dire Straits). Our tickets wouldn't scan when we got there. The reason: Our tickets were for Saturday, not Friday. I told Curt at least the concert we wanted to go to wasn't Thursday night. That woulda sucked.
Saturday I went to Spinning Nation. And I survived the whole spin class. I paid 50 bucks to take spin. Bleh. But the money went to a good cause. And I was able to do the class, which I was quite proud of. (I am actually contemplating going to a spin class tomorrow morning before work.) After spin I took my usual abs/core class.
Saturday afternoon Curt and I headed to Jacob and Aileen's for a birthday barbecue for Jacob. It was a lot of fun. And we met some great people. Jacob and Aileen have some great friends.
Saturday night we headed back to the Greek Theatre. It was a really cool venue with great acoustics. It is outdoors, so you have to be prepared. And I was, jacket, gloves, scarf and blanket. It was a good show.
Sunday morning I got up early so I could hit the gym. Then I came home and made my salsa and got ready for our soccer party. Soon before people started showing up. Dad and Hilda stopped by. They were in town to find an apartment and they did.
About 11:30 people started trickling in for soccer. We had chips and salsa, cookies, mini quiches, hummus and bread, beer and cheese sticks. All bad for you but oh so yummy.
It was a good time. Then we just pretty much lounged for the rest of the day. I did go through a huge pile of mail. Mostly junk!
I am only working two days this week. My cousin Jackie is coming to town Wednesday. I can't wait.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home