Thursday, June 19, 2008

Patience=$10

Yesterday I was at the grocery store. One of my least favorite chores. The cashier was ringing up my order when a guy walked over wanting to cash a check. Maurice, cashier, explained that Safeway no longer cashed those sorts of checks. (Whatever it was.) Maurice asked the guy if he wanted the number of the bookkeeper to chat with her. He did. So Maurice had to get a pen from another cashier and write it down. He gave it to the man. Maurice thanks me for being patient and continues to ring up. The guy comes back and asks for the corporate number. Maurice has to step away to get that number. He comes back and rings up the rest of my order. When my order is all rung up he tells me that for being so patient he is going to knock 10 bucks off my order and he does. Wow. Never had anything like that happen before.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very cool Annie! Maybe you should buy a lottery ticket. Hugs -M

Thursday, June 19, 2008 2:44:00 PM  
Blogger Jodie said...

Wow, that's great customer service!

Friday, June 20, 2008 2:16:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home