Wednesday, June 25, 2008

35? Seriously?

On my lunch break yesterday I went to good ol Target for some needed shopping. I always go through the dollar section and scope out any good finds. I grabbed some bang pops (?) or as I refer to them as pop pops and some poppers, which apparently are called champagne poppers.
As my stuff was being rung up, the cashier realized that at some point nothing was scanning. She realized it was when she rang up the pops pops that it stopped and asked for an age, like when you buy booze. She told me the age to buy those things is 35. I said, really? Then it occurred to me that I am not 35. She smiled and said it really isn't enforced. I could see 18 or whatever. But 35? That is just weird.
So luckily I didn't get carded for my pop pops or poppers and I was out the door with my Target purchases and back to work.

5 Comments:

Blogger Jodie said...

35? LOL. You can get a three-pack of those at Chinatown for a buck and no one is going to care how old you are!

Thursday, June 26, 2008 11:48:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's nice to still be too young for something!

Thursday, June 26, 2008 7:07:00 PM  
Blogger JenC said...

are those the things dave and curt were throwing at our feet in chinatown? those two should need an age minimum to buy those. :)

Thursday, June 26, 2008 11:55:00 PM  
Blogger Ann said...

YES!!!!! Those were the things Dave and Curt were throwing at us. Nice, huh? OK, yes, now I understand the age limit.

Friday, June 27, 2008 10:26:00 AM  
Blogger kate said...

wow and i thought getting a rental car for cheap at 25 was the last milestone!

Tuesday, July 08, 2008 4:52:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home