Sunday, June 15, 2008

Happy Father's Day

Happy Father's Day to our dads, my grandpa, Fred, uncles, cousins, friends, etc. Curt and I were lucky enough to spend Father's Day 2007 with BOTH of our dads. Ed was in town for the weekend to visit and my dad also happened to be in town. We had a nice lunch and snapped some pics. So for Father's Day gifts this year I printed out and framed the photos and mailed them on. Our last visit to Tucson I got a really great pic of my grandpa and me. So I framed that and sent to him.
Sex and the City day
Oh my! Yesterday was a good and long and fun day!
Erica and I left the house a little before 11 to hit the party store to pick up a few cute things for our lunch. We all met for lunch and had a mini shower for Kate. Erica and I bought the cutest balloon shaped like a baby. We also bought some tissues and cute rattle charms. We got to Maizie's about noon. They were so great. (When Erica made the reservation they asked if it was a special occasion. Erica told them a baby brunch.) They had horn blowers and balloons already set up at the table. We added our stuff. Our service was super great. They were so nice and accommodating. And everyone loved their food. They even gave us all the cutest magnets: wine corks and a pretty piece of paper attached with their Web site. So for lunch the gang was Kate, Erica, Deb, Jen, Leah, Penny and myself.
After lunch 6 of us headed for mani/pedis. (Penny opted out.) We had wonderful mani/pedis at VK Elle Nails. (I think that is what they were called.) They buffed my fingernails so well I don't even need clear polish. Awesome! Erica ended up with a polish named Chick Flick Cherry. So she had to get it! Too funny. I had a pretty dark blue (I know, surprise, surprise) with sparkles.
After pampering we had some time to kill before the movie started. So we headed to Sonora Brewhouse for drinks and something to eat. No cosmos--so I had the next closest thing--hard cider. :)
About an hour before the movie started we headed to the theater. Penny met us there. We all got our tickets and got situated. OK, LOVED the movie. We heard it was a tearjerker and it was. It was funny and sad and good. All emotions were in that movie. I had heard the movie was too long. And I don't do well with long movies unless they are engaging. I thought the movie was perfect length. I won't make too many comments as to not spoil for some who haven't seen it yet. But if you liked the series I think you will like the movie. There are some super hilarious scenes. And there are some very emotional, you need your tissues scenes.
After the movie most of the gang went home. (It was almost 10 and we had been together since noon.) Leah, Penny and I headed to Jodie's for a party. It was nice to see some of my old co-workers from the Republic. Leah and I left a little after midnight.
This morning Erica, Casey and I picked Kate up and we headed to Wildflower for breakfast. Yummy stuff. We had a good visit. Now Erica, Casey and I are just hanging out. They are taking her dad out to dinner tonight and I am meeting friends at George & Dragon for dinner and drinks.
It has been a great visit.
And tomorrow I get to spend the day with Leah and Oliver!!!! Can't wait.

3 Comments:

Blogger JenC said...

you are amazing — i don't know how you keep up so well with your blog, even on vacation!

Sunday, June 15, 2008 10:43:00 PM  
Blogger Ed said...

Thanks so much for my fathers day gift. You don't realize how much those kind of gifts mean. It was such a coincidence that your dad and I were in town at the same time. You are always so thoughtful and seem to come up with some of the greatest gifts. As I have told you before, I am so glad that Curt has you to share his life with. I'm also happy to hear that your dad will be located in the Bay Area and that you will be able to share more time with he and Hilda. Thanks again, and love to you both.

Monday, June 16, 2008 5:56:00 AM  
Blogger Jodie said...

It was so nice seeing you Saturday. I'm glad you and Leah stopped by!

Tuesday, June 17, 2008 1:29:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home