Tuesday, June 17, 2008

50 degrees

I left Phoenix yesterday about 4:30. It was 112 in Phoenix and 61 in Oakland. Can you believe that? To quote Leah's text message, That's just wrong.

Update on the rest of my trip

Sunday morning Erica, Casey, Kate and I had breakfast at Wildflower. Yummy. That place has good food. We hung out for a bit and chatted. And us girls had to talk about the SATC movie some more. Afterward we dropped Kate off. Casey and Erica needed to pick up some groceries so we did. After that just some lounging around the house. I was tired--I coulda taken a nap. They left to meet Erica's dad and mom for dinner. And soon after that Jen & Dave picked me up and then we picked Kate up. We headed to George & Dragon for dinner and drinks. Jean Clare also met up with us. We had a fun time chatting and laughing. Dave always cracks me up. We stayed until about 10. I was tired and hadn't heard if anyone else was going to meet up so we took off. (I found out later that Abe and Casey [from Republic] showed up around 10:30. Dang!)

Monday morning Leah and Ollie came to pick me up. Leah needed to change Ollie's diaper so they came in. (I have to say I was very impressed that Leah could change his diaper while he was standing up.) Casey was still home so we all chatted a bit. Harley and Scooter (Erica and Casey's chows) were very good with Oliver and just smelled and licked him. Oliver liked them very much. Oliver also liked the remote very much. He picked it up and pointed it to the TV. At one point Leah said something about TV and Oliver pointed to the TV.
After that we headed to pick Kate up and then to breakfast at The Good Egg (Ed, I finally ate there!). We had a nice breakfast while Ollie ran around. He sat at about 4 different tables. After breakfast we dropped Kate off and headed back to the Beckidad house. Ollie went down for a nap and Leah and I knitted, chatted and watched The Diving Bell and the Butterfly. It was a really good movie. (Later at the BART station I saw someone with the book. Weird!) Oliver got up from his nap and we got ready to go. We dropped Ollie off with Robert at work. (That is how Leah and Robert do it. Robert gets off work at 3. Leah meets him and drops off Ollie and then she heads to work.) So I got to see Robert for about two minutes. Then Leah took me to the airport.

I had a really great visit. Even though it was blistering hot it was a great weekend. I am so happy I did it. It was so worth it. Saturday was a super fun day with the girls. I always have a good time when I go back to see my friends in Phx.

OK, so now when are you all coming out to see me? Don't forget a possible Napa weekend next summer.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, you guys knitted while watching a movie with subtitles? Either your French is better than I realized, or you are just superskilled with the knitting.

Either way, I'm impressed.

Tuesday, June 17, 2008 11:54:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like you had a terrific weekend. I am glad that you were able to spend time with your friends AND Oliver! SATC sounds like a lot of fun! Hugs -M

Tuesday, June 17, 2008 1:02:00 PM  
Blogger Erica Kern O'Neill said...

So glad you came out! Let's do it again soon! You are welcome to stay with us anytime.

Tuesday, June 17, 2008 5:33:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home