Monday, June 09, 2008

Now I have time for blogging

I was so busy at work today that I didn't have time to blog. I was working with one of our patent consultants. And we accomplished a lot. But it seems like after Gary and I meet I have a ton more stuff to add to my already towering to do list. I feel like I am never caught up and my desk is always unorganized.
I noticed on the way home that gas has now jumped from $4.33 to $4.44 for a gallon of gas. Talk about insanity. And I need to fill up ... soon.

We had a great weekend. Saturday morning I had a great workout at the gym, then came home, cleaned up and headed to my eye appt. My doc ordered me a little bit bigger contacts. These are working out much better for me. Then around 3 p.m. we headed to Monica's house for a barbecue. Good food and good company, as always. Then that night Curt and I headed to the city for dinner. Now during the day the weather was gorgeous and sunny and warm. Then that night I was freezing my ass off. I really hate the weather here and its extremeness. (Is that even a word?) We had a delicious dinner at Roy's.
Sunday another great workout at the gym. Then around 1 p.m. headed to Phil and Lisa's for barbecue and soccer. I brought knitting and trashy celebrity news to share. Jason and Lauren also came with their kids, Jamie and Julian. Super cute kids. Lazy Sunday evening at home. I watched 27 Dresses--cute and predictable--and Lars and the Real Girl. Man, what a great movie! I felt a lot of sympathy and compassion for Lars. He was such a sweet and caring guy who just didn't know how to show it. His Real Girl really opened him up to that.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lars and the Real Girl was one of the best movies of 2007. I can't believe it was shut out of Oscars. Such a great movie. Ryan Gosling was incredible -- did you see his 2006 movie, Half Nelson? Disturbing, but really shows the depth of his skills when compared to Lars.

Monday, June 09, 2008 8:28:00 PM  
Blogger Ann said...

I LOVED Half Nelson! Yes, disturbing, but good.

Tuesday, June 10, 2008 9:25:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good to hear that you had a fun and productive weekend. I liked 27 Dresses too. Keep up the good work at the gym! Hugs -M

Tuesday, June 10, 2008 11:12:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home